You asked for 'em! Introducing the overwound versions of our Parsons Street humbuckers, wound to 9.5K ohms for higher output punch.
We named these exceptional humbuckers after the famous Kalamazoo address where the holy grail of pickups, the legendary P.A.F. (Patent Applied For), was born.
True vintage sound, in a stronger dose!
Sometimes those 1950s PAFs were accidentally overwound at the factory, and when you find one of those rare ones, it has a little extra bite to its sound. To capture that tone, we keep winding these hot versions until we get a DC resistance of 9.5K ohms.
Golden Age Parsons Street Hot Humbuckers vintage specs:
- Nickel-silver cover for tone transparency
- Original 1.97" (50.04mm) polepiece spacing
- Plain enameled AWG42 coil wire
- Black paper coil tape
- Wood spacer
- Choice of Alnico 2 or Alnico 5 magnet
- Nickel-silver baseplate
- Single-conductor braided shield output wire
Your choice of original-style magnets:
- Alnico 2 for warm tone with smooth highs and a soft bottom response.
- Alnico 5 produces a clear tone with more pronounced highs and a tighter low end.
(Original P.A.F.s contained Alnico 2, 3 and 5 magnets at various times.)
|Height||.840"||(21.34mm)||including mounting tabs|
Height adjustment screws, springs and wiring diagrams included.
Mounting rings and mounting ring screws are available separately.
Handy Humbucker Helpers make installation easy.